Wednesday, November 17, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness

Today I am reminded how thankful I am for sweet friends!  I have learned a lot over the years about what it means to truly be a friend from my husband who is a GREAT and FAITHFUL friend.  I long to be the kind of  friend to others that he is!

I have also learned what it means to be a friend from my two closest friends.  They have loved me unconditionally (and that says A LOT in itself) and being with them is more like being with my sisters than with friends.  There is an immediate openness and honesty.  If you know me at all, then you know that honesty is one of the traits that I value most in others.  I know that I can TRULY be myself and they will not judge or turn away.  They are not afraid of my junk or my faults.  We can laugh and cry together.

God has blessed me with not only these two sweet friends but a great handful of women who speak truth to me when I need it, listen when I need it, and make me laugh when I need it.  Even though I have not always been a great friend, I am so thankful that God, The Giver of Friends, has been gracious to give me great friends both to enjoy and to learn from.

No comments: