Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kate starts 1st grade!

Kate started first grade this week. Unbelievable! It has been an emotional week for me. 1st grade, a new school, a new baby. I know this is cheesy to say, but it does seem like I was just sitting and holding Kate the same way that I'm holding John Patrick. Oh, how I wish that we could really relish these moments. I wish that I could just slow her down and really enjoy each and every moment. I am so thankful for what a blessing Kate is. I'm excited to watch her grown and develop but my heart is a little sad as I watch her transition from being a little girl into a new "big kid" stage of life. I know it will be gone in a blink of an eye.


Here are a few updated pictures of John Patrick. He is 1 week old and is so sweet! Even in the midst of the challenges of the newborn stage, I am so thankful for his little life and what a blessing he is to our family!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marti said...

He is one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen!

Tricia said...

That baby is beautiful!

I hope Kate is having a great first week at her new school and as a big kid - first grader!

I know what mean... sometimes I wish Gracie could stay 5 forever!!

TheCeiba said...

Congratulations Kate for beginning 1st grade!!! And Congratulations Larsen family for the beautiful new addition of John Patrik to your beautiful handsome family. My... you guys are a good looking family!!!!!! Thank you soooo much for your prayers. Lisa slept from 10:30 p.m.-5 a.m. last night! Praise God! We hope to continue on this trend.